Thursday, June 01, 2006

Birthday Parties with TWO YEAR OLDS

Being a non producing member of our society, as in not being a breeder I had forgotten the joy of being around 5 two year olds at my friends birthday party. The frollicking of the children as they play and scream and run about the room is something to behold. For me it was like being at a crack house with midgets high on meth.

This is not to say that I dislike children, as W.C. Fields said when asked "How do you like Children" he responded "They are very good with mustard". I am of not that extreme. I love children. I love seeing how they grow up and experience things for the first time. Usually I like to do this from a distance. Maybe it is because I come from an age where children were supposed to be seen and not heard. This was an easier time for mute children then those of us who could talk and scream, so to see so many children running and playing and eating can be a bit overwhelming for a non breeder such as myself. My father had techniques that he used on unruley children that today I find to be out dated and if caught would find me surrounded by many angry parents.

Beyond all that I had the most lovely time, until I found out that my friend whose birthday I was at was born in 1978. It was at that point that I informed her that if I had been a slut in high school I could be her mother.

It is hell being 46 but having the maturity level of 17.

No comments: