Thursday, February 02, 2006

The True story behind Brokeback Mountain


Sure there has been a lot of hype about this "gay cowboy" movie. All sorts of guys who used to wear cowboy boots and leather chaps without pants are now in an uproar because they are saying that no cowboy in their right mind would be gay, that just isn't normal. If the Marlboro Man hadn't died of lung cancer I am positive that he would have had a fit. Probably a coughing fit, but a fit.

Well my friends I have the scoop about what the story was originally about and how it was changed so as to be more "Hollywood". Oh yeah you think that the story when written some years ago was about two young cowboys in the early 60's who fall in love played by these two actors:

But do you want to know the real truth? Hell yes I hear you yelling from around the world. Or have I forgotten to take my meds again? From digging through the myth and hype around cowboys and sheep and how it relates to Brokeback Mountain I found out that the character that played opposite Heath Ledger wasn't Jake Gy.......... (his name is really hard to spell) but was....


Yep that's right though exhaustive and boredom I found that Heath was supposed to fall in love with Dolly the sheep. But due to concerns in Hollywood about would people go to a movie about this love affair they changed it to two gay men. Really other then sheep who would go see this movie?

And the original name for the movie - Brokebaaaaaacccck Mountain

Stay tuned ladies and gents as I continue to keep you up to date on the latest and greatest cutting edge news that happens right here in Regina.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone has no sense of humor. Keep on Blogging. Your blog is one of the best I've read. So funny!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best??HA!