Saturday, January 06, 2007

One down




Well thank you to everyone who knows how to use the refresh button, because I have now hit the grand and glorious over the 5,000 mark and I swear I had little to do with it. As they say in the Internet world I haven't gone viral yet and I doubt that I will, but hitting the 5,000 mark is rather exciting.

I need to read over my resolutions for the new year to see how I am doing. Working on my memory would have been a good one. But I am finished with my paper work and will be sending it in to Immigration this week. Then it will sit there, gather dust and from what I have heard, if you call them to find out what is up with your status, these people and I can just imagine this, they are all wrinkled and about a billion years old, with 33 inches of dust on every surface including their head. And if you do call them and bug them, they will take your file and put it at the bottom of these files that are stacked from floor to ceiling. That is what I picture.

Both sets of fingerprints came back with no arrests on them and that was a big relief to me because the 80's were a pretty big blur to me for all I know I had a child and didn't know about it.

As to my other resolutions. I am reading this book calledYou on a Diet which is a great book and gives information on how a body works and what foods to eat, so I am eating lots of omega 3 foods and feeling quite proud of myself. This is only week one so we will see. One thing I suggest if you are going to do this diet - as a snack you can eat some dry whole grain cereal with dried fruit as a snack. DO NOT eat uncooked steel cut oatmeal. Not only is it very dry in your mouth, think of eating sawdust, but with less flavour, but see it expands like a lot. Like that is a lot of fiber to have in one's stomach in an evening. I remember seeing this movie from the 70's called the Immigrants with Liv Ulmann. The story was about these poor Swedish people who were coming to America because they were starving. Make a long blog short, the little girl, hungrier then all get out got into the storage shed and ate raw oats, they expanded and her stomach exploded and she died.

This of course didn't happen to me or else I would be doing this blog from the other side and well then it would be a blog that would be read a lot I'm sure.

But just don't do it. Makes for an uncomfortable Swedish depressing movie kind of evening.

No comments: