Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Resolutions

Well there went one down the shit hole. Trying to get 5,000 hits by New Years Day without me logging on like a pitiful bloggerert who is so desperately in need of attention that I would try to up the number of hits on my blog. Anyway I realized after watching 20/20 on Friday night and seeing where one woman got 300,000 hits a month on her blog that I was doomed to be a baby blogger in the big scheme of blogland. I could do what she did which is share every personal detail of my life on the blog like she did, but if I did that, my therapist could once a week log on read what I wrote and then send me an email without ever seeing me. So unless I plan on doing live sex scenes on my blog I shall have to strive for quality then going for the utter exploited quantity of titillating trash about my life.

So I know New Years Resolutions are so lame and most people have that loser statement is " my new years resolution is to not make any new years resolution". I can say that because I have said that in the past. What I believe today and it could change is since I am not working, if I don't make some goals to achieve this year I will end up in a quagmire of mucky nothingness and by not forcing myself into a routine depression and despair are waiting in the wings to sweep me away to Dr. Phil Land. So here are my goals.

1. Write in the blog at least once a week.
2. I am writing a novel and my goal is to write a chapter a week - plus put it on the web, so if you are at all interested you can read it and if you find it at all interesting or have comment you can help me shape the storyline. This I will have done by the end of next week.
3. Ok, I know this is lame, but this past year I have been under a bit of stress - new country, no job, getting married, moving to a new city and the big one have both parents sick and my father dying. Due to this and not having structure or goals I have gained weight and feel just like shit about myself. So of course I went out and bought the book called YOU ON A DIET. Which explains how your body works and why diets suck, fail and why we all become raving, snarling bitches with the personality of Nicole Richie. I just want to eat better, work on my emotional eating and exercise because I like to do it not because if I don't I will beat myself up about it. Plus the dogs really need to see the outside world occasionally.
4. Big one - get landed immigrant status
5. Get me a frigging job.

So those are my commitments to myself for this year. None of that quit smoking since I already have, no commitments to quit drinking or not drink so much that I sleep with my best friends lab - since I already have - quit drinking that is, not sleeping with other people's pets, shit dude I gave that up like in 1999 or I think after that incident with my neighbors chow that was unfortunately picked up by the Humane Society Newspaper. See you can be an animal lover, just not a fucking animal lover.

Anyway those are my goals. And congratulations to myself and anyone who reads this cause, like I have been doing this for one year now. I would seriously like to thank my Netherlands friend Anja who clued me into blogging. She is one smart Netherlands type chick.

No comments: