Thursday, August 31, 2006

It has happened here and will happen to you - be warned

I knew it would happen someday, maybe not to me but to someone I knew. I felt in my soul that what I believed in wasn't just craziness created by crazies in New Mexico, small bit of Newfoundland or Steven Spielberg but in fact was a reality and that they were living among us.

And I met one.

An Alien.

You might scoff and say, get that woman out of that house she is going off the deep end but believe me I know when I have gone off the deep end because I have spent most of my life there and this is not deep end material.

This is how it went -

I was sanding on the hardwood floors upstairs, covered from head to toe in dust, have glasses and a dust mask on, so it is pretty obvious I have been sanding, when the door bell rings. I run downstairs cause any chance to talk to someone is a thrill for me and who was there but the mailman delivering a package.

He looks at me smiles and says "you've been sanding I see"

Clever observation by him I thought

I said why yes I have, then I lifted up my dust mask so he could understand me and said again, yes I have.

He held a package to me for my signature and then sniffed me, not in the way of a dog sniffing another dog because that is so not right but just a short sniff and said. "Aw I can tell by the smell of dust on your breath that you have been sanding hemlock, you can't even get that wood anymore, it's worth it's weight in gold.

I said and my blood and sweat too.

Then I realized, this was no postman. No this was an Alien Terminte taking the form of a postman to get information on us human life forms, because no human would sniff a woman and know exactly what type of wood they were sanding. Oh you might think, how scary could termites be when it comes to taking over the world. I have 3 words for you mister know it all - soft wood industry.

If Aliens are really Termites posing as postmen and have invaded Regina, well all I can say is good luck world because it is Regina today, but it will be New York or even Saskatoon tomorrow.

No comments: