Friday, August 18, 2006

Canadian Idol

The remarks I make in this following post, will get me stoned for being a heretic and a witch more so then being a lesbian. So let me begin with a disclaimer and a confession. I have been watching Canadian Idol from the beginning. I can't help myself. They start the show off with such bad singing that it hooks you in, in the same way that seeing a tragedy unfold like a Hurricane or Tornado or a Pamela Anderson Marriage. You get hooked and can't help yourself. Then when you get down to the final 10 after wading through the contestants singing 2 minute bits of their favourite songs, you have now hours and hours of time invested, so like picking a scab you stay with it until it is complete.

For those of you who aren't from Canada or don't watch Canadian Idol (cause you are so hooked into America's got talent) This guy above is from Saskatchewan. He was born in Moose Jaw, raised in Rockglen and was working at the Smitty's on North Albert Street. I went there for breakfast on my birthday, I know I rock. The food sucked but it is now one of the places to visit and to touch the menu that Tyler might have touched. So don't any of you be saying that I haven't done my bit to get to know the real Tyler, cause I haven't done anything to research him. I mean do you really think I can Divine something about this kid from his DNA on a menu for Gods sake? That is just crazy talking shit.

So I have been watching the show and we all know the shows of this kind have one HUGE flaw in their voting system. The only people who text message are teenage girls and gay boys. Otherwise for us older people it is hard enough to get our club like fingers to push buttons to make a phone call, much less text message to tell our friends to meet us at the mall at 3pm.

These young girls and gay boys have fallen hard for this strapping young man and texting their fingers bloody putting in his number. (This is where I get stoned) The guy doesn't deserve it. Sure he is cute and all, and he really likes that straight hair thing they have done for him, cause it is totally hip and the girls like it and chances are he also the only straight looking guy left on the show. So to keep the ratings up, the strange people they call judges - I have not a clue what their background is and I really think Sas needs to 1) think really hard about a woman in her 40's who is blond going for dreadlocks and 2) if the dreadlocks are because she is so fucked up which she certainly sounds like it 99% of the time then maybe she should go to treatment. These judges continue to say Tyler just rocks the house. The poor boy doesn't have a half bad voice, but compared to the Eva and even Stephie D, he has the personality of a tall farmer boy just in from the Canola fields. It would help if they would only film him from the waist up cause unfortunately the only dance step this young man knows is the stomping of the foot dance. I think his dancing would get better if he got down and dirty with some sexy got the funk on black chick from south central LA, now she could show the boy how to move those hips a bit more. But other then that, come on.

Canada already has Tori Spelling living here, do you really think that Canada deserves the to have Tyler as the next American Idol?

No comments: