Wednesday, August 23, 2006

5 days until the world comes to an end


Things aren't moving along as planned, but then what would be the excitement if they did move smoothly. I was expecting to get the upstairs room finished but, with the temperature hitting 34 yesterday and most likely 10 degrees hotter upstairs I said to hell with it I shall hand sand stairs with my bloody fingers. But as you can see I did put the first coat on, though it is hard with this picture to see the droplets of blood and sweat mixed in with a sand colored paint.




The learning curve in a project like this is very fast or painful whichever you desire. I have learned that when you sand stairs with an 80 grit sand paper and leave it that way. The chances that you will get fir slivers in your bare feet is well over 99%. These are things that Debbie wouldn't tell you but I am because I really do care. As you can see by the picture Debbie believes in using drop cloths for almost everything, the little hussy.





Finally I packed up one of our computers and moved the other one so it looks more officeish (in layman's language less cluttered) Everything about selling a house is to make it lived in but you don't want anyone to actually think you live there) At 9pm last night, tired, sweaty and having eaten two, count them two ice cream bars I discovered that computers have more cords and if you put the little pieces of shit together they would be longer then your small intestine. This is just a wild guess on my part but for anyone who has had to move a computer I am sure you agree that by the end of the job you would like to rip out some one's small intestine, starting with Bill Gates.

So today I finish the upstairs, sand the stairs so I spend more time working and less time pulling little bits of wood out of my feet and hopefully finish painting the bathroom.

Have I mentioned lately how much I detest painting, sanding and home remodeling?

No comments: