Monday, March 26, 2007

Rue Chaton (Street Kitty)

If you live in Canada you must learn some french, cause it makes you sound way fucking smart.

I'm tired and stressed right now. Last Tuesday I took the garbage out to the Alley behind our house and we have these really big garbage cans. I could see 3 cans down the alley and as I drug my bag of garbage to my can, out of a all the cans popped a cat. They all scampered off except for the one in our garbage can. I love animals. I hate when people treat innocent creatures so cruelly. The combo makes me a soft touch. As well as Barb.



Here is the our rescued kitty the day after we rescued him, he looks much cleaner then he was and he was and is still skin and bones.

There is a massively cool organization called SCAT (Street Cats) made up of massively cool people. I called, they came over the next day to check the little guy out. I had to call and place ads in case anyone lost them. Which they didn't fucker, people have to leave apartments at the end of the month and dump cats all the time. Like to shove a box of clumping kitty litter up their asses.

So this organization paid to have him go to the vet and pay for tests and shots. He doesn't have any of the FVI or the other bad stuff. But he has a really hard time breathing. This makes me very nervous. I sit and stare and pray that he will feel better. The vet said he might have been kicked and injured but won't take x-rays for another 10 days. So we feed the little guy and fall in love and worry and fret. We didn't want another cat, but sometimes it isn't up to us you know?

What I worry about is I have no power over him healing. All I can do is love him and give it up to my higher power to take care of. But what is such a drag is I realize I don't trust that my higher power will fix him. And maybe I want a miracle and maybe that isn't what this is all about. Maybe it is just about loving the animal one day at a time and not worrying about the future. I don't know, all I do know that it isn't up to me but I want it to be.

That really is hard on my heart, I don't need more death. I want to do right by another. I really do.

Tomorrow I will give you a new picture and maybe he will look better to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 months later - how is Rue Chaton?

Claudia said...

I am sorry I didn't write anything about what happened to little Rue. When we took Rue to the vet, after being tested and given shots the vet was concerned about his breathing. He did an x-ray and and discovered his diaphram had been ruptured. This meant that his intestines were shoving into his lungs and heart. The vet said the surgery would cost ove a thousand dollars and he might not make it. It was one of the saddest days that I have had, but we had to make a decision to have him put to sleep. I was angry and sad, that he had either been kicked so hard that it had caused this injury or had been hit by a car. Either way he was suffering and we did what was humane but incredibly painful.

Thanks for asking and sorry I didn't say anything, it still makes me cry.

Anonymous said...

:'-(