Saturday, February 24, 2007

Are Pig Spleens in your future?

Through out the ages various cultures have used different means in which to predict the future. The Chinese still use the reading of tea leaves to tell one's future, many people rely on Astrology to plan their day and some go so far as to pick a mate who is compatible to their sign. I being a Leo don't care much as long as I am the center of attention. We up here in Saskatoon have a unique and special way of telling our future. Well I wouldn't say that everyone is into this but I was told there is one man who has a special talent of predicting the future. We will call him the Spleen Man, since I don't know his name. From what I was told this man takes spleens from pigs and has been able to successfully predict that we who live in the prairies of the north with nothing between us and the North Pole were going to have storms in January, February and March.



I know pretty overwhelming to think that there is someone out there that has the talent to look at this organ and tell us that we would have storms that involved snow and wind. Wow is all I can say. Where does this man find these spleens? That is the great mystery. I have checked out the meat markets and you don't find them for sale. He might work at one of the processing plants in the area. Or he just maybe he raises one pig a year, butchers it just so that he can provide us with knowledge that can help us prepare for a storm this far north. Hell if I would be able to say with any conviction to people that hey you guys look at this frigging spleen; Can't you see from the grey spots and red spots and black spots that we are going to have snow and yes wind and hold on to your seats, it might even get really cold up here.






It is a god given talent is all I can say. What I am grateful for is that I don't have to drink spleen tea to find out what to look forward to in my future.

And that my friends is the latest news from Saskatoon.

No comments: