Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Da Blizzard of 2007

For those of you who weren't here for the worst blizzard in 50 years here is some-one's video of it. Makes you cold just watching it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DugSbG2i8NQ

I have been waiting almost two years for one, it happened and it was the most terrifying day of my life. Actually it wasn't. I stayed home and watched it from inside, but I believe I was the only person outside who was taking pictures of it to show everyone.I have no good story about it. Absolutely nothing thrilling happened. I didn't get caught in Costco because I couldn't get home (probably a good reason why I hadn't renewed my Costco membership yet, most likely it saved my life).

So here is me so you can see me in the blizzard. I am the one with the frozen glasses
This doesn't give you the true scope of what a blizzard is all about, but it does show you that I know how to dress for winter up here. Kinda like a burka for the north.

Though it might be hard to tell, but see all that white stuff on the ground and how white and blurry it is in the sky? That my friends is called shitloads of snow. And it is everywhere. So this was the morning of the blizzard.





Now this is the front of our house. You see a cyclone fence in the front yard. This fence is 3 feet high. At the far corner you see that the snow has reached the top. This ladies and gentleman is where all the "blowing" snow landed.


In our front yard. Looking out the window it looked pretty enough. Realizing we wouldn't get any mail unless I shoveled the walkway left me with some resentment. I would show you pictures of the shoveled walkway but the morning I went outside in my moccasins I soon found that traction is not why people where them. After picking myself up off the ground finding that fine patch of ice and digging for the camera in the snow. I found myself with a bruised ass and a broken camera and a small lecture on going outside in the winter in moccasins.

No comments: