Friday, September 22, 2006

The Health Care System in Canada

Or why are there so many old people who live in Regina? Having lived here a year, I certainly have noticed a huge majority of the population is older then me. Which has it's up side in that it makes me feel young and spritely. On the down side you had better have good damn eyesight when you are coming up on those cross walks because some elder citizen of Regina might jump out, well they don't exactly jump out more on the lines of they either manually push themselves very slowly out with their walker or have one of those 4 wheel drive motorized things that go anywhere, either way, you don't want to hit them. But as I swerve and dodge these mobile elders, I wonder, how in the hell do they live so long up here?

Sure the summers are fine, but most of these people don't leave in the winter and they are still here in the spring. If you look at the obituaries, living to one hundred is not out of the question.

After doing some research I have come up with the reason why so many people live so long up here.

It's because they are all waiting to get a hip replacement and the hell if they are going to leave this earth without getting one, or when they do get one, by god and by golly they are going to get their monies worth out of it.

Oh and can I tell you how tough Barb's mom is? She is thinking about having the hip replacement with only a local, she says lots of people do it up here, just get a spinal and be done with it. I asked her, do they also give you a bullet to bite on?

I swear the people are up here are tougher then nails strong like bulls. America could learn a lot from the tenacity and the strength of people who live in the northern prairies.

2 comments:

Jaybird said...

It’s cold up here in Canada, we are well preserved.

Anonymous said...

I heard it is some secret potion that Timmies puts in their weak tea.