Monday, April 24, 2006

Hey Safeway on 13th Fix the Frigging Door

I am at that age where if I look ahead I see most people in walkers and if I look behind me the other half are in strollers. That is one reason I like Regina, I feel young. Hell when I run I am passing people right and left, mostly in walkers and yes I do most of my running circling the senior citizen centers but, you have to stay positive and get your exercise. And it is because the median age of a Reginonian is 95 that I write this letter of protest to the Safeway on 13th Avenue. If you have been following my blog you are aware that we have had other issues with this rogue store, like having parking border guard checking to see that if you park in their parking lot you shop in their parking lot. Amazing enough through the use of angry "How are we Doing? comment cards from irate individuals - OK it was one person Tracy the Butcher of 13th street as we fondly think of her who wrote like a gazillion of them using false names like Racy and Tacy and Traci with an "i". So scared the main office in Calgary they sent the poor guy packing to the oil fields of Fort McMurry where he was never heard from again.

So you can see this store has problems. The latest one that cropped up was when I went shopping on Saturday. I have had a rough time of it. I got in a traffic jam when 4 people ended up at a 4 way stop at the same time. Canadians are so polite no one would go first, they just kept waving their hands and shooing forward the other person, the other person would wave no, no you go first really, be my guest. After a couple of minutes of this I waved them all off with my gun and drove to the store.

I am not the most graceful person in the world and I hate to have it advertised, like I don't wear shirts that say, warning klutz. But I do occasionally do uncoordinated things. On Saturday I walk up to the automatic door at Safeway and BAM I find out it is not automatic because it doesn't move, oh well it did move by the forward thrust of my body and my nose against the glass, but by no means was it automatic. Then I proceed to push and with some force because you see there is an inner door due to the cold weather up here, which causes a vacuum seal so you push and push and then the vacuum seal breaks and then I almost fall through the other side. After this it hard to gather ones wits about oneself to continue on with ones shopping.

Now a note on the door could have been helpful saying it was broken and you had to push. It was a nice day the could have propped it open. Did they? No and what was the result? There is nothing funny about a pile of elderly people walkers strewn everywhere in front of the door, feebly pounding on the glass begging to get in. What was even more difficult was to climb over them to get out with my groceries.

So Safefuckingway, shape up and get that damn door fixed or I will send the butcher of 13th street to visit you.

No comments: