Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Canadians and their Shopping Carts

And up here, Canadians are very nice but they don't trust you for shit when it comes to their shopping carts. So they have this stupid ass contraption where you shove a quarter in the handle push it in with this key thing and it is released from it's chain gang existence locked together with all those other poor carts. I refuse to put the quarter in for one good reason.

I still have a hard time figuring out how to do it, so I look like I have the shakes or am amazingly uncoordinated and I refuse to do that sober.

So I get a basket to buy a few things

I manage to get 33 items in the basket accidentally the bananas and eggs are at the bottom and I forget one fucking item all the way across the store in the veggie department. By this time it weighs so much I am dragging it through the store looking like I am the hunch back of Notre Dame, (to let you know I tried kicking it once or twice but there was the egg/banana issue and it hurt my toes when I kicked it) or the Elephant Man and I am looking around hoping there might be a Sherpa just back from Everest for hire.

No such luck

So I pull a muscle in my arm, but fuck if I looked stupid trying to put that fucking quarter in that stupid fucking slot in the grocery cart.

What I should do is get a bunch of quarters and go out there at night and release the carts so they can roam free and run into cars in the parking lots and stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

Jaybird said...

you could just go to Sobey's or the Co-op. You don't have to put money in there. The money thing is why I never go to Safeway, I don't ALWAYS have a quarter on me, and I think Superstore is even $1