Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Neighbourhood Boys

Lucky us have learned a new game. It really is a fun game and I am sure all of you have played it once or twice in your life. It is called.

Running up to someones doorbell, ringing it and then running away.

So of course you go to the doorbell and no one is there.

Pretty funny stuff. I of course looked down thinking maybe it was one of those Jackrabbits trying to get money for Easter Seals or something.

So shut the door and get back to the important stuff - American Idol.

Thump, thump, thump, ding dong
Dogs go absolutely apeshit barking and running back and forth to the door.

Nope no kids, no jackrabbit, not even a lemming

I peek through the shade and there across the street are two street urchins hopping up and down like they have found a pot of gold. They stare at the house, I stare back through the the blinds.

They look both ways and it isn't like they even have anything to hide behind, they come charging towards the door for the third time like Custer's Last Stand.

I am waiting.

I have the door unlocked.

They come running up the steps, onto the porch and just as they are about to ring the door bell

I open up the door and scream BOOOO!!!!

As loud as I can.

And they run, oh do they run.

And I am left to watch the last 1/2 hour of American Idol in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Just ran across your blog as I was wandering looking for fellow Reginan bloggers. Ironic as I don't want anyone I know to know that I have a blog.

:-)

Welcome to Regina.

I've been here since '76. And it's always been like this.

After the election, my friends in Minneapolis joked that we could expect an influx of Americans shortly... that never happened, of course... or did it?

:-)

Anonymous said...

too funny!

~cyn