Monday, November 06, 2006

So this is the deal

Man do I suck at being consistent. I'm sure everyone feels like I dropped off the face of the earth. The truth is if the earth had a face I would be now living up towards the hairline of the face.

Ok I moved north. To Saskatoon, I had too. No it wasn't because I was running from the law. Or that I didn't like Regina. And no I'm not going to change the name of my blog, what would I change it too? Saskatoon Sleaze, Prairie Prattle? Toontown Talk? No none of those are appealing. I am sure my readership will drop down to 5 (thanks mom for still reading!). No the reason was simple. My partner/spouse had been commuting since May from Saskatoon to Regina. So it was necessary.

I am in the process of getting used to this place. I miss my friends, my hair dresser, my butcher, I miss the small town appeal and that there were less cops. Not that I am running from the law I'm not, Regina moved at a slower pace and I enjoyed it.

Now that I am up here I have to find a job and work on getting permanent resident status. So that no red flags will come up while in this process, I have been asked by Barb my spouse, not to mention any of the following: crystal meth labs, Stephen Harper or George Bush, since she feels that my jokes and opinions might be detrimental to receiving a resident status.

This will also limit what I can talk about on my blog, so sorry if my blog might sound rather Brady Bunch Canadian Style for the next few months while I go through this massive process to become a resident.

I hope to post some cool pictures of the river and the piled up ice flows that are along it. Very cool.

I will miss you Regina, though I will come and visit, you were the first city I went through my first winter in and the first place where I ripped skin off my lips with frozen metal. So remember, you might not have a piece of my heart but you do have some of my DNA somewhere down there.

No comments: