Tuesday, November 28, 2006

THE GREAT STORM OF 2006

Or maybe it always starts snowing in November and ends sometime around April. Hell if I know. But I can tell you it has been snowing for two days straight.

First year I liked shoveling the sidewalks for a couple of reasons. 1) we didn't have much snow last year and 2) it was a novelty.

This year I find out there is a specific way to shovel your sidewalks. This information was provided by Brenda formally of the Hobo clan.

It was explained to me like this:

First you go up the side walk shoveling the left side (never ever the right side, bad mojo if you do) then you shovel the right side and you finish it off with a lovely down the middle flurry of pushing the shovel and cleaning all the missed bits.

I still learning this talent that is in the Canadian gene pool, am embarrassed by my lack of finesse. You can tell what I have shoveled since it looks like a drunken crazed shoveler went on a rampage in front of my house. It looks someone like a snake, can't miss it.

The only thing I can say in my defense is, at least I am the first on the block to do it, making everyone else feel shame and I see them hanging their heads as they look down the street at my snake shovel effect. They could be hanging their heads because of the wind and snow combination but at this moment in my life I feel that if I am depressed and am suffering, I shall make others join me in my pain.

So this year the shoveling thing, not so much fun, cause the motherfuckering snow just won't stop.

So that's it from Saskatoon.

No comments: