Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I have the look

Oh you know what I'm talking about. The, standing on the front porch with your arms crossed staring at the 20 something young men who think it is totally cool to ride down our street on those dumb ass, little itty bitty motorcycles that sound like a mosquito hyped up on steroids. What? You don't have the look?

Well you can have it easily. It is more of an attitude. It goes something like this. Our neighborhood for the past 3 days has sounded a bit nosier then Baghdad during a Muslim holiday. Friday night we had a massively big, I mean big thunderstorm. One of those storms where everyone believes they are sinners and God is a coming for them by the 4 am.

Then Saturday was the pre party, letting off fire crackers for Canada Day. Which isn't as big a deal as the Fourth of July. Up here on Canada Day we eat, look fondly at our Maple Leaf and start counting the days until Hockey begins again, so we can get the damn Stanley Cup from those fucked up Ducks. We are blessed that we live on a street that I call the street of screams. Every weekend and I am sure all summer long we have young teenagers migrating down our street drunk off their ass laughing and saying things like, "No, fuck no, he really said that? That is like really fucked man. What a Fuck head." You might say, that sounds like you Claudia, well fuck no it doesn't cause I don't do it at 11pm or 12 am or 1am at night. Come 4am we have the same group migrating back to wherever. But now they are usually saying, Fuck you. No you fuck off. Where were you I waited for you all night, who were you with...

Yes we are blessed with a beginning and end of the evening. 3 nights of thunderstorms, fire crackers and drunks makes someone like me not too keen for the first night after the long weekend and now we have dip shits riding like they are something cool, when really they look like a bad acid trip to me when I watch them weeeeeeeeeeeee down the street.

That is why I had to do the stare. Now in my neighborhood, it isn't usually a good idea to give a stare at anyone. But I had too. So I went outside twice while they drove by just so they could see me. The third time as they drove by I stood on the porch, arms folded and gave them my death ray look. No blinking, no talking, no moving. The guy took one look at me and picked up his dorko toy and went home.

Yep I have the look.

Next post 3oth reunions and how out of control I am about it. I mean I even signed up and PAID for classmates.com. I need to be able to leave the country soon, I really do.

1 comment:

XSaraXPoeX said...

Tag! You're it!

Nice blog, by the way. :)

~Sara<3