Monday, July 31, 2006

Things about Regina that I find interesting

Having lived here for a year, I feel I now have enough information and experience to share my vision of Regina, a vision that is far reaching and will most likely impact you deeply.

The SSS (Saskatchewan Schizophrenics Services) has a chapter located in Regina. Regina is also where all the baby Mounties come to train. So at any given moment anywhere in the city is an unmarked white car trying unsuccessfully to parallel park or make a quick U turn as you pass them by. I not being a landed immigrant and having license plates that aren't legal often get that rush of adrenaline when I see a Mountie failing a parking. Now if my level of paranoia is raised and I am somewhat normal, what do you think it does to the poor schizophrenic who is minding his and all his friends own business, just a walking down the street and car after car is a white unmarked Mountie car drives by making sudden U turns and speeding by you? I would say if there are that many white unmarked cop cars in Regina then they are no longer unmarked cause every white car in Regina is most likely a cop car. So change the colours, mix it up a bit if you wouldn't mind and maybe go to Moose Jaw occasionally and stress out those people.

The Leader Post - the daily newspaper of Regina. A paper whose obituary section is thicker then the front page section. I enjoy reading the paper. But don't you find it a bit fucked up that they have this
on the front page of their paper counting down the days to the Rolling Stones Concert?

Not that this isn't an exciting event, it is truly something that will go down in history. And who will be attending? Rolling Stones fans and those people who want to stare and Keith Richards and say wow, the Movie Night of the Living Dead is not fiction but really a documentary.

I like the fact that the Leader Post in their announcements would let their customers know about the Marijuana Party's upcoming potluck dinner benefit (get there early is all I can say!)

Or my favourite is the big argument going on about installing more traffic cameras so the police can ticket the people who run red lights. You would think what is the big argument, makes sense, bust those bastards who run the lights. Except that Canadians don't want to be filmed getting in trouble and are very concerned about their image, so they aren't running the lights at those two intersections therefore the percentage people being rear-ended at those intersections has gone up 80%.

And above all remember - Catherdal Area - hip cool and without a doubt the place to be seen.

1 comment:

v said...

The unmarked cop car that gave me a ticket was actually tan, and had the lights embedded in the rear view mirrors... very surreptitious!